Doctoral Candidate & Tutor
Centre for Human Rights, University of Pretoria
Area of Expertise
- Gender and constitutions
- Customary governance/legal pluralism
- Human rights
- Judicial system design
- Minority issues
- Power sharing (horizontal/vertical)
- Security sector
- MG Nyarko ‘The impact of the African Charter and Maputo Protocol in VO Ayeni (ed) The impact of the African Charter and Maputo Protocol in selected African states (Pretoria University Law Press, 2016).
- MG Nyarko & H Ekefre ‘Recent advances in children’s rights in the African human rights system: A review of the decision of the African Committee of Experts on the Rights and Welfare of the Child in the Talibés Case’ (2016) 15 Law and Practice of International Courts and Tribunals 385.
- MG Nyarko, A Adaneye & B Armah (eds) Ghana @60: Governance and human rights in the age of Africa rising (Pretoria University Law Press, 2017 – forthcoming).