About our project
MyConstitution supports partners in Myanmar to strengthen their expertise on constitution building with a view to building a home-grown, well-informed, and inclusive constitutional culture. We do this by providing:
- On-demand expert advisory services to those involved in negotiations and decision-makings relating to constitution building.
- Tailored learning on a range of relevant constitutional issues relevant to the context of Myanmar and based on comparative experiences from around the world.
- Opportunities for dialogue on constitutional issues.
- Knowledge materials and research on constitutional issues in Myanmar language
- Practical tools and support to adapt well-established assessment methodologies to the Myanmar context.
The MyConstitution project is hosted by International IDEA (Myanmar). The project is supported by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Norway, the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland and Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Sweden.
About International IDEA Myanmar
International IDEA works with democratic stakeholders in Myanmar to consolidate the transition to democracy, contributing in particular to electoral processes, democratic oversight of the parliament, and strengthening of constitutional expertise in the country. International IDEA established its country presence in Myanmar in 2012 and now has offices in Yangon and Naypyidaw.
International IDEA Myanmar
MyConstitution is funded by: