Call for Applications for Constitution Academy 9-17 June 2018 is now open!
We are happy to announce that International IDEA Myanmar is organizing the first Constitution Academy for Myanmar professionals. The application is open and the deadline to apply is 4th May 2018. Please follow these links for the Call for Applications and the Application Form.
About our project
MyConstitution supports partners in Myanmar to strengthen their expertise on constitution building with a view to building a home-grown, well-informed, and inclusive constitutional culture. We do this by providing:
- On-demand expert advisory services to those involved in negotiations and decisions relating to constitution building.
- Learning on a range of relevant constitutional issues based on the history of Myanmar and comparative experiences.
- Opportunities for dialogue on constitution related issues.
- Information materials on constitutional issues in Myanmar language
- Tools and support to adapt well-established assessment methodologies to the Myanmar context.
The MyConstitution project is hosted by International IDEA (Myanmar). The project is supported by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Norway and the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
About International IDEA Myanmar
International IDEA works with democratic stakeholders in Myanmar to consolidate the transition to democracy, contributing in particular to electoral processes, democratic oversight of the parliament, and strengthening of constitutional expertise in the country. International IDEA established its country presence in Myanmar in 2012 and now has offices in Yangon and Naypyidaw.
Annamari T. Salonen
Ohn Mar Zin
International IDEA Myanmar