Assistant Programme Officer – Constitution Building
Main functions of the post:
The main functions of the post are:
- To provide research and administrative support to the Constitution Building Processes (CBP) Programme;
- To drive content generation and coordinate technical support for the online information portal, ConstitutionNet.
Duties and Responsibilities:
General, Programme, Managerial and Administrative, as applicable
Under the immediate supervision of the Senior Project Manager the incumbent performs the following duties:
- Conducts research to supports the CBP team in the development of content for knowledge products including through the development of regular briefing papers for CBP events and projects;
- With guidance from Programme Officers or Senior Project Manager, manages the procurement of contributors and service providers, including through the drafting of terms of reference, tender documents and contracts, and supports them to produce contributions and/or provide services to the CBP Programme;
- Supports the organization of capacity building workshops, conferences and other CBP events including through conducting research for event content, identifying participants, and providing on-site administrative and logistical support;
- Drives content development for ConstitutionNet through the gathering of articles from the internet, the identification of authors for original content and editing and coordinating with authors;
- Drives outreach for ConstitutionNet through regular digital marketing, including through social media channels;
- Coordinates ConstitutionNet content for the publication of a monthly newsletter;
- Co-ordinates regularly with ConstitutionNet technical team to ensure clear organization and functioning of the site;
- Actively integrates the inclusion of a gender perspective in all programming activities;
- Carries out other related duties as assigned by the Senior Project Manager.
Qualifications and skills
Level and type of formal education:
- University degree in Political Science, Law, Social Science, Sociology, Development Studies or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience working within the field of democracy support or governance, preferably in the area of constitution building;
- Familiarity with digital outreach and social media tools;
- Work experience in professional handling of research tasks and information, writing and conveying knowledge to groups of users;
- High analytical capacity;
- Ability to provide inputs for conceptualising strategies and designing programmes of work;
- Proven experience with web sources;
- Ability to build and maintain broad networks of partners;
- Ability to work both independently, with minimum supervision and in teams;
- Excellent drafting skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to operate effectively in a multi-cultural environment and be Gender-sensitive;
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- English: Fluent written and oral
- Other: Fluency in written Arabic, Spanish or French would be an asset
Knowledge of Microsoft Office, databases, internet and web search tools.
Terms Of Contract
Local Post, Two (2) year appointment. Salary entry point is NET EUR 2 800 per month.
Please note as this is a local post, International IDEA will bear no costs relating to relocation of the selected candidate to the duty station. This position is open to those legally authorized to live and work in the Netherlands.
Deadline for applications:
Applications should be submitted no later than 12 October 2014. Please note that all applications must be made in English.
International IDEA is an equal opportunity employer which seeks to further diversify its staff in terms of gender, culture and nationality.