Issue 7, December 2013
You are receiving this email because of your interest in constitutional reform issues and/or membership of International IDEA’s Constitution building thematic website ConstitutionNet.Org. It provides you with an update on all new content – news, analyses, events, new resources, etc. - created within the network over the last month.
To access the content, click on any of the links below or visit www.ConstitutionNet.Org
Voices from the field: An in-depth look at Vietnam's new Constitution
- Vietnam’s National Parliament adopted a new Constitution on November 28 amidst much praise from the government. But what change does it bring? Full analysis of the new Constitution by Bui Ngoc Son of the Vietnam National University
Want to be a ConstitutionNet Voice from the field? Contact us!
In the media this month
- Amr Moussa defends Egypt’s new Draft Constitution
- Practitioners and experts share views on issue of political participation or minorities and marginalized groups
More interviews: Video Audio Text
- Egypt’s third constitution in three years: A critical analysis
- Will Myanmar’s Constitution be smoothly changed?
- Egypt— Muslim Brotherhood rejects draft Charter
- Vietnam—HRW says new Constitution a missed opportunity
- Myanmar—88 generation group back talks on constitutional reform
Latest Library resources
- English translation Constitution of the Republic of Vietnam (28 Nov 2013)
- English translation of the draft Constitution of Egypt (2 Dec 2013)
- Discussion paper on CA procedures from gender perspective
- Study on Women’s contribution to constitution making in Nepal
Other new resources
- UN Women launches new searchable database that compiles all the different provisions related to gender contained in Constitutions around the world. Database searchable by keywords, provisions, regions or countries.
- Comparative Constitutions Project interactive tool to compare the draft Egypt Constitution with previous Constitutions.
New members on ConstitutionNet
- Prof Louis Aucoin (Fmr UNSG’s Deputy Special Representative for Liberia)
- Dawood Ahmed (Comparative Constitutions Project)
- Katharina Rall (Institute for Justice and Democracy in Haiti)
- Eric Alston (Comparative Constitutions Project)
Follow and discuss with us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook and stay informed about new content