Centre for Law and Policy Research
Area of Expertise
- Gender and constitutions
- Customary governance/legal pluralism
- Human rights
- Judicial system design
- Minority issues
- Power sharing (horizontal/vertical)
- Security sector
ARTICLES & BOOK CHAPTERS
• Judicial Activism in India: Is it Against the Flow of Democracy?, in DEMOCRACY IN INDIA: CURRENT DEBATES & EMERGING CHALLENGES (Lancy Lobo and Jayesh Shah eds., Primus Books, 2016) (Forthcoming).
• Judicial Review of a Bill under Article 32: A Constitutionally Impermissible Proposition, Live Law (Reputed legal news portal) (August, 2014).
• The Extraordinary Institution of Ombudsman: A Strategy for Dealing with Administrative Faults, 1 (1) Comparative Constitutional Law & Administrative Law Quarterly (2013) (Peer-reviewed).
• Unwarranted Interference with Policy Matters: Is the Judiciary Undermining the Inherent Virtues of our Democracy?, 2 (2) International Journal of Law & Policy Review (2013) (Peer-reviewed).
• Bharat Aluminium Co. v. Kaiser Aluminium Technical Services Inc.: A Critique, 4 (11) The Indian Arbitrator (2012) (Peer-reviewed).
• Nandini Sundar and Ors v. State of Chhattisgarh: A Precedent Forever in the Human Rights Jurisprudence of India, 2 (1) KIIT Journal of Law and Society (2012) (Peer-reviewed).
• Entry of Foreign Law Firms into India: Yes or No?, Legal India (Legal news portal) (2012); cited in Can Foreign Lawyers Fly-in & Fly-out for Arbitrations in India?, International ADR News (Thomas Valenti P.C.) (2013).
• Undemocratic Nature of Judicial Process in India: Reconciling Constitutional Theories and the Reality, 1st Constitutional Law Scholars Forum, American Constitution Society at Barry University (Orlando, March 2015).
• Predatory Pricing in India: The Uncatchable Prey?, International Conference on Law & Justice, International Centre for Research & Development (Colombo, June 2013).
• Tainted Means & Ends of Education & Possibilities for Revival: An Indian Perspective, 1st Belgrade International Conference on Education, Tomorrow People Organization (Belgrade, November 2012).
• To Veto or Not to Veto? The Perceived Impracticability of Judicial Appointments Commission, National Conference on Constitutional Appointments, Christ University (Bangalore, January 2015) (Co-authored).
• The Plea for Uniform Civil Code: Theoretical Vision of the Constitution v. Practical Impossibility, National Conference on Personal Laws, Nehru Memorial College of Law (Hanumangarh, December 2014) (Co-authored).
• Invited to speak on Legal Research and Writing, Webinar on Research Methodology, Model Governance Foundation (December 2014); conducted 2 sessions for junior law students.
• Government Contracts: The Dynamism of Contract Law vis-a-vis Public Law, National Seminar on Changing Contours of Contract Law, National Law Institute University (Bhopal, March 2012).
• National Green Tribunal: A Blessing that must not to be Ignored, National Seminar on Environmental Law, Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University (Visakhapatnam, October 2012).